8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo GS-1200 Pilot Lamp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo GS-1200 Pilot Lamp
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 13, 2008 04:10 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you change the pilot lamp (PL302?) on an Elmo GS-1200?

This is the small lamp above the frame knob which shines down on to the panel. Is it in a holder or wired back to somewhere? Are they still available, and from whom?

Thanks from Maurice

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 13, 2008 04:33 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice,

Yes they are wired into the rear of the machine. The lamp is a complete unit. You slide the complete assembly out of the rubber holder and then unsolder the wires within the machine to replace it.

This item from Maplin (12v version) should do the job:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=25544&doy=13m3

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 13, 2008 05:23 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, many thanks for your help.

I see your name is on the GS-1200 service manual download.

Maurice

--------------------
Maurice

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 13, 2008 07:19 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
This is so. Members were asking various quetsions about small jobs on the GS so I decided that it was easier to refer people to the manual and the various pages than trying to explain it in a thread.
The Elmo manuals have very good instructions and diagrams showing how to diagnose various problems and how to strip the various parts to get to the said problem areas.
I just wish we had more manuals under that section.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC