8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO power cord

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO power cord
Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2008 04:06 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a power cord from Mark the projector belt guy. It was supposed to fit my ST machines but it has the rectangular holes not the round ones, and doesn't fit either the ST1200D or the ST800. I e-mailed him and he stated that it fits the ST600 machine & others here....does it? According to my ST1200D manual it is for the european versions. [Confused] p.s. I only paid $6.00 for it so if anyone needs one let me know.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted June 21, 2008 10:58 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the exception of one ST1200 all the other Elmo ST1200HD's and the Elmo ST600, ST800, And STS180's have all used the Rectangular plug. Just one of my Elmo ST1200's used the one with the holes.

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2008 04:41 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend sent me a 1200D to get running, and he didnt have a power cord. I shaved down a regular power cord and it worked, but it wasn't optimal. I tried to find the narrow cord with round holes and was not successful. Then I tried to find a standard power tap to replace the narrow/round tap - and the case is too small to accomodate any industry standard.

In the end, I drilled a small hole in the rear of the case and soldered a pigtail onto the existing power tap and routed the cord though the hole ( I placed a rubber grommet in the hole to protect the cord ). The pigtail I made from an existing power cord extension which had a female receptacle. Now he simply plugs a regular power cord into the pigtail.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2008 08:38 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

One easy solution is to open that puppy up remove or disable the plug and simply hotwire a standard cord to the machine. You'll loose the ability to remove the plug from the machine when not in use, so you'll need to come up with winding the cord to the machine (always attached). Although you want to keep the unit authentic, I know, but this is very simple and solves the problem without really creating a new one.

Chip

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted June 22, 2008 08:49 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only kept one machine with the round socket, it's the SC8. Other Elmos (namely 2 old ST1200s - the light blue/turquoise version) that used to have round sockets have been upgraded to the rectangular ones (that's a pretty easy conversion).

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2008 09:30 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry I didn't make myself clear. I already have the right cords for my ST1200s and My ST800. This was just one I bought to keep as a spare. If anyone needs one with the rectangular holes, let me know, and thanks for the info. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC