8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Silver Screen Collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Silver Screen Collection
peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2008 02:40 PM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently bought from Derann a 600ft abridged version of Genevieve,the original box has the heading,The Silver Screen Collection.Does anyone know of any other titles in this series?regards,Peter.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted July 05, 2008 03:05 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They did a few nice 600 digests
Q the winged serpent
Capricorn 1 very good.
Wicked lady 40`s James Mason
The Fog
A George Formby one I forget the title. Possibly the M,Bike one???
Never Ending Story
Hawk the Slayer !!!!!!
Happiest days of your life
Odd Man Out
Who Dares Wins
Magnificent 7( still available and some of the others may be too)
Great Escape, but I think the neg packed up??

and a few odd others I think, all are about on LPP and very nice though capricorn one can vary quite a bit print to print, but can`t they all.
Best Mark.
PS it is a cracker that one you have Peter.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 05, 2008 05:49 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
My Genevieve says "Big Screen Entertainment" as does a few others I have although most are features except for Genevieve which I have the feature and the 600ft digest which BTW is up for grabs if anyone wants a mint copy.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 05, 2008 07:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ove to find "Q : The Winged Serpent", that was a very good digest of that movie!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2008 05:55 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the information folks,some good titles,I recently sold my Odd Man Out digest but it was a PM Films release,did Derann take over the rights from PM?
Peter.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2008 12:18 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a copy of 600ft Raise The Titanic. This also has the silver screen collection logo on the top.

Graham S

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted July 06, 2008 05:12 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Peter yes they did take over a few, at least Odd Man Out and The Wicked Lady and a few others, and did a nice job of them as well.
I always dream if only the digest`s from major studios were all 600 feet and LPP kodak poly had come out in say 75, well it would be super douper.
Best Mark.

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2008 05:38 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,is the film scope or full screen?regards,Peter.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2008 07:07 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its full screen

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2008 02:22 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham, just a little footnote about 'Raise the Titanic', I'm sure there is a famous quote from a beleaguered Lew Grade, exasperated by budget over-runs, where he said "Raise the Titanic? It would have been cheaper to lower the Altantic!"
My recollection of the reviews of the 600ft digest is that it's quite an entertaining film at this length, whereas the full version was far too long

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2008 03:57 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that quote john [Big Grin] .I'm not sure if the 600ft cutdown was availabe also in scope. 'Raise the titanic' its a film you either love or hate.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2008 04:28 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raise the Titanic was available in Scope in the Silver Screen Collection. It was released as a 2 x 400ft originally but fits onto a 600ft reel comfortably. It is an excellent cutdown from the film.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 08, 2008 08:47 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would be true to say that 'The Silver Screen Collection' was essentially a way of marketing the new series of features and 600' cutdowns (other than 'Raise the Titanic' being 2 x 400') that represented the (mostly) relatively modern titles that Derann chose to launch the Super 8 revival. I'm sure that some of the titles mentioned were not really part of this collection (e.g. 'The Wicked Lady' was a re-release of a PM Films release, and I have a Derann print in it's original box, but it's not a SSC box) but may occasionally have appeared to be, perhapsdue to Derann utilising pre-printed 'Silver Screen Collection' box lables that had been produced in large numbers. 'Q - The Winged Serpent' was another release that was not in the SSC (I've just checked the box).

[ July 09, 2008, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC