8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GL926 S success

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GL926 S success
Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2008 12:28 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Folowing on my thread of June 9th 2008 I have to report that in no small measure due to a gentleman Forum Member from California who lent me an original Service Manual (for which he wouldn't even take the postage!) my 926 is now fully up and running. Apart from repairing the focussing "pip" on the lens and cleaning up the speed adjuster I had to take apart two of the slider pots to exchange parts and fit two modern replacements for others on a sub panel. Apart from the new control knobs (some of the originals were missing and could not be duplicated) it looks as if there had never been anything wrong. I agree Maurice...a fine looking and good performance machine!

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 08, 2008 03:12 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Martin on getting your 926 up and running again. It is basically a very fine machine with stereo sound quality second to none, and of course the design of the electronic sound and mixing console is superb. My only gripe is the co-axial reel arrangement, which I find a pain in the *** to use, particularly trying to engage the film down into the take up reel with no side access to the spool. Why Eumig decided to go with this overly complex film path design is anybody's guess - probably decided by the marketing people who thought a coax reel design looked cool. Thankfully, Eumig reverted to a conventional in-line film path with 2 sprockets in the later 938 and 940 machines.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 13, 2008 05:57 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eumig may have used this co-axial spool arrangement to save on belts and gears.

It must be a more simple design to drive both spools in almost the same position.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC