8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Steve Osborne/Reel Image

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steve Osborne/Reel Image
John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2008 10:11 AM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Osborne of the Reel Image called me this morning and said that he is suffering from a bad bout of pneumonia -- and he is asking that everyone be patient as he is trying to recover from his illness.

Let's all send our best out to Steve as he is a great guy and he does so much for this crazy hobby of ours. At the end of the day, there are things that are much more important than film collecting, and we all need to be understanding of Steve's current situation.

All the best for the road to recovery, Steve!

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2008 10:59 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve please get well soon.

Chip Gelmini
Mashpee Ma

Googled: http://www.medicinenet.com/pneumonia/article.htm

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2008 12:42 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best to Steve; a very nice guy, and a good dealer.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 20, 2008 01:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most certainly, all the best to Steve, a great dealer who has the highest standards and is totally honest, plus an all around nice guy!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2008 03:25 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering why there was no reply to my calls or emails... now I know... get well soon, Steve!

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2008 09:02 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,Wishing you to get well.Your in my prayers,John

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted July 20, 2008 09:35 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great dealer and very nice guy--sending him well wishes to a speedy recovery.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2008 02:00 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes and a "speedy" recovery to Steve. Customers will need to have patience. I had a bout of pneumonia, last October and it took me ten weeks to get back to work and I still feel the "side effects" from it, even now, at times.
Rest is the answer, Steve. Don't try and beat it by working "through it". Plenty of rest.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2008 06:24 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John- thank you so much for that information. Steve is a great guy & is always bending over backwards to help people.

His thoughts and prayers are with me.

Get well soon Steve!

Nick.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 21, 2008 07:02 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To THE finest gent in our hobby - Smiles and Recovery - Shorty

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2008 05:50 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, I too wish Steve well, but even though all these get well wishes are posted here, will he even see them? Did you mean to send him a get well card? I thought he doesn't do the internet/forum thing? I don't know his address. [Confused]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2008 10:28 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Joe -- I was planning on printing the forum get-well wishes and faxing it to Steve.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 21, 2008 10:58 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, in case you'd like to call him, (as it is his Super 8 business number as well), as I did, please call ...

THE REEL IMAGE

1-937-296-9036

Note: this isn't his family phone, it's his business phone, but I'm willing to bet that if you left him a best wishes, (though he'll have a bunch to listen to and later delete), I'm sure that he's be happy to hear your well wishes!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2008 02:35 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I echo all that has been said, and I wish Steve a speedy recovery, as he will not want to be to long away from his projector and films (perhaps the thought of lacing up a particular favourite will help his recovery).

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2008 01:20 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes...Steve has a very bad bout of sickness. Also...his used list had gone out to folks right about the time he went on a short vacation. When he got back, the disease hit him. He's one of the best people you could want to know or deal with. So have patience...he's healing , but it's a slow process. I talked with him today and he's as frustrated as anyone could be about his backlog....but hang in there and all will be well.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 23, 2008 08:14 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heard from his daughter Natalie, he's getting better [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC