8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Outdoor Screening's Summer's finally here!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Outdoor Screening's Summer's finally here!
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2008 02:29 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought i'd start a new topic to see if anyone out there have started a season of outdoor screening's and if so what have you shown so far and on what equipment, projector, screen size and sound stage.

For me i had my very first taste of doing a Outdoor movies at the weekend. What can i say it was a great success, so much so I will be holding a few more up to the end of September.

Well I had an 80s theme this weekend with supporting Pearl & Dean adverts and trailers along with the classic Footloose. All shown on a 16mm Eiki machine NT2 and using just the standard 50mm lens. I was actually blown away how good the picture was. Extremely Bright , but I must admit I will have to use an external amplifier for sound as the sound amplifier on the projector alone is not very good for outdoor large open space use.

My next screening will be a Tarantino double bill maybe Kill Bill or Jackie Brown or the classics like Pulp Fiction and Till Dusk Till Dawn. When I do decided to use my 35mm portable projector that is.

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2008 01:04 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just was part of an outdoor showing at my church. They had already chosen a dvd for the feature, Alvin and the Chipmunks..but they wanted me to show some preshow things...previews...cartoons and I've got some old drive in ten minute clocks and that sort of thing. I had originally planned to use a bit of super8, but the organizers wanted to start actually before it was really dark..and brightness would have been an issue. I used a 16mm Pageant marc 300...and also some slides that they use in some theaters..movie facts and that sort of t hing. Screen was a 10 by 10 foot fast fold....and picture quality was pretty good. I pumped sound from a cd player and the projector into a wireless transmitter to two Bancini Acoustica wireless speakers. And it worked pretty well. The audience was larger than expected so they will be doing another one Aug. 22nd. After everyone left...I did get out the st1200hd and did run a top notch preview trailer (Meet Me after the Show) to see if super 8 would be adequate on that size screen..and it was remarkably good.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 24, 2008 06:01 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A similar topic was started a couple of weeks ago but it didn't catch up apparently.
Programs are in the "what film did you show last night" topic.

Robert, do you have both Kill Bill volumes?
We screened Deathproof two weeks ago. The fuse lamp went bust during the final reel and we switched to the DVD for the last scene. Man, what an ovious difference, even with a really good projector such as the Panasonic.

Cheers.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC