8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sound Problems with Elmo ST-1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sound Problems with Elmo ST-1200
Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2008 02:37 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi at all,
I have two Elmos ST-1200 (no D or HD). One magnetic and one magnetic and optical.
Both have problems with their sound.

My English is not as good as it should be to discribe the problem but I hope you could understand me [Smile]

The problem of the magnetic & optical:
When I start playback and turn on the amplifier, I get an high and loud beep and no sound-playback. No chance to get the sound of the film.

Problem of the magnetic:
During playback the sound disappeared. If I turn the knob there is an crackle sound in the loudspeakers. I put an external player to the input of the amp and there is sound.

Has anyone ideas to solve my problems ???

Best Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 21, 2008 07:15 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

May I suggest that you try putting the machine in and out of the record mode a few times.
As most 8mm machines dont get used for recording the record switches tend to get dirty. These switches are self cleaning if used from time to time so if this does cure the problem it's worth putting the machine into record a couple of times each time the machine is in use.
Obviously dont have film going through the machine.

Hope this helps, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2008 07:30 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev,

thanks for your help. I tried it a several times, but it doesn't help.

The noise at the magnetic and optical machine is every time when I activate the amp and not only at the playback.

Best regards,
Michael

--------------------

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2008 10:44 AM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

did you try to switch from magnetic to optical mode several times at the M/O machine? Is the "beep noise" different in optical mode and does it change when you turn the volume knob? Can you get any sound output from the "Aux" socket in playback or record mode?

Joerg

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2008 03:31 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joerg,

quote:
did you try to switch from magnetic to optical mode several times at the M/O machine?
Yes, I did, but nothing changed

quote:
Is the "beep noise" different in optical mode and does it change when you turn the volume knob?
The "beep noise" is not different in magnetic or in optical mode and the volume doesn't change, when I turn the volume knob. It starts about 1 or 2 seconds after I activate the amplifier.

quote:
Can you get any sound output from the "Aux" socket in playback or record mode?
When I take an external signal to the Aux-socket, I get the "beep noise" and an very crackling sound of the external signal.

I tried to put the "magnetic only"-machine in and out the record-mode. There was a noise for 1 second and then silent again.

Michael

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC