8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm Dawn of the Dead re-record

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm Dawn of the Dead re-record
Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 04:18 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got the 3x120m edition of Dawn of the Dead, but it's in German.. So I guess It's time for my first re-recording project. All I need is the original English soundtrack. Any forum members out there that can provide me with this track and some hints on how to proceed?

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 04:43 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I well remember, Jean-Marc did the same with his copy. It could be that he still has the file with the soundtrack he used to re-record his print. Try to ask him and good luck!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 02, 2009 01:08 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could help but all the files of the 50 or so painstakingly reconstructed digest soundtracks, made over the last 6 years, including Dawn of the Dead, were lost two weeks ago. My back-up drive had a major mechanical failure and at this moment I can't afford the repair.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted November 02, 2009 02:38 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Does the drive still spin? Is it making clunking noises?

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 02, 2009 04:51 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lab I sent the drive to replied that, although datas appeared to be intact, the oscillating arm and reading head were damaged.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC