8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Look What I got for Christmas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Look What I got for Christmas
David Ralph
Junior

- posted January 02, 2010 04:59 PM      Profile for David Ralph   Email David Ralph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a newbie to the group but I just needed to tell someone what I got for Christmas. Imagine my excitement when I opened a Chinon SP330 projector, 3 Tom and Jerry Walton films, Caravan to Vaccares, Watership Down, Titfield Thunderbolt, A Walt Disney Christmas, Pinnochio, The Fox and the Hound, Jungle Book and Donald Ducks in Three for Breakfast. I can assure you that I had the same excited feeling as I did 40 odd years ago when my Mum and Dad bought me a Pentax P80 and two Dixon Pyramid silent 50ft standard 8 reels. Must go ... Titfield Thunderbolt needs to be projected AGAIN!!

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2010 05:12 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Congratulations! What could be better than a new machine and a good selection of films? And you are right about Super-8; the feeling never gets old.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2010 05:26 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David and welcome!what a great presents have you got for Christmas,i have a question,Pinocchio do you have the whole feature or do you have the extract of the movie and which one? [Big Grin]
I love Disneymovies and sell them,i hope in future that you found your favorites in this goldmine [Wink]

Greets Jeroen.

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2010 06:08 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a Chinon SP-330 since 1982 and it still works fine, although it will occasionally chew up a leader, and lately the sound is starting to "pop." Mine has been well-used over the years though. If yours is in great shape then I'm sure it will serve you well for a long time. It was my only projector since 1982 until two months ago when I got a mint Chinon 7500. Any pictures of the projector?

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2010 08:47 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David!

This is a great place to hang out and take in knowledge about all things FILM! What great presents you got. I received a Super 8 optical feature myself..."The Golden Seal"...not much color, but sharp.

It's always great getting a film for Christmas.

Bill

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2010 08:56 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! About 8mm, the only present I had for Christmas was my Credit Card Balance [Frown] . My compliments.
Just joking, of course.
Welcome to the Forum. You will have lot of fun and find a lot of very interesting information, here [Wink] !
Great and friendly community, you'll see.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 02, 2010 09:18 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

Chinon 330 MV is also my second projector (the first on is Elmo GS800 Stereo) but I use it more often than my first one. The reason is because it is very light compared to any Elmo. Secondly it gives the good and sharp picture just in par with Elmo (to be honest). Sound is just so-so c9Compared with Elmo) but I don;t mind since my films are only the usual ones.

My Chinon never chew up the leader, I even never opened the compartment. The leader will go through nicely to the take up spool.

BTW, did you get them from one buy at Ebay or other place?

--------------------
Winbert

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 03, 2010 01:30 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is something so visceral and magical about film, the lacing it up, focusing...its so much more involved than just putting on a DVD.
Congratulations for finding this great hobby (or it finding you!) and sharing your Xmas gifts with us here. We all feel like you do..especially when packages come from Derann/Ian's/Classic.

John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 03:55 AM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my partner joan gave me two full features for christmas,casablanca and singing in the rain i projected them on my beaulieu 708el twintrack wow, these films are so repeatable i was very happy chistmas morning.eddie.

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 03:58 AM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my partner joan gave me two full features for christmas,casablanca and singing in the rain i projected them on my beaulieu 708el twintrack wow, these films are so repeatable i was very happy christmas morning.eddie.

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

David Ralph
Junior

- posted January 03, 2010 08:44 AM      Profile for David Ralph   Email David Ralph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for a great welcome into the forum. I have always loved film and to get a projector after so many years was an incredible experience. The films I got were in some cases 'pink' but the feel of film and the projector whirring in a darkened room still holds some magic for me. I love the British 50's and 60's type films - Ealing films, MGM Borehamwood and Pinewood all of which are sort of 'local' to me. Aylesbuy has had a few films made in or around the town - Clockwork Orange had scenes filmed in Aylesbury and I watched as a young 16 year old, a scene being shot that was not included in the final cut. 'Murder Most Foul' with Margaret Rutherford shows Aylesbury Market square and County Court over the title sequence which suprisingly has not changed! Dirty Dozen, The Saint, The Avengers and many more filmed close by.
In answer to one memeber .... my Pinnochio film is a cut down version, presumably the two extracts spliced together to make a 'mini movie'.
I shall enjoy being part of this forum!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC