8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Thanks Gian, you are a very good friend.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanks Gian, you are a very good friend.
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 15, 2010 04:59 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly announce my thankfulness to our very friend, Gian Luca Mario Loncrini who has sent me films at no cost.

Gian read my comment upon my arrival in Canada from Indonesia about how hard was to get 8mm films in Toronto.

After the dinner, kids were always asking for cinema presentation while I left all my films in Indonesia with understanding I would get more films in Canada. But apparently the situation was far from my expectation and other hand, buying from the USA was not really the option due to the postage. But now, I can do it again with smile [Wink] .

Although probably for him or many members here those films are not too worthy but for me and the kids at home, they are wonderful items to fill our night time in this freezing season.

So this is what Sorty says on the other thread "This is what our forum is all about; friendship and an exchange of good information"

Again, thanks Gian

from
winbert

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2010 05:03 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian is a good man,and an listening ear.
I didn't no that there are real good people,but now
i'am sure there are! [Smile]

Jeroen

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2010 05:06 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More than welcome, Winbert.
And thanks for your kind words too, Jeroen (blushing).
Now...
I hope this topic won't cause anything serious or weird reactions, Winbert  - .
It would be very embarassing to give details about all 70's X-rated movies I sent to you (  - ).

Ops... I did it!  -

Enjoy them. So happy you finally had the parcel. So sad not all of them are in perfect shape.
Ciao.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2010 08:58 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too would just like too express my appreciation of Gian,
there are so many wonderful members of this forum i am beginning to feel i have an extended family,so to Gian,Christian,Osi,Graham,Doug,Shorty,Jeroen and too many others to mention.. Best Wishes for 2010
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 15, 2010 09:21 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why Gian, that fella in the bed looks to be doing something to himself ...

My My My!

I love all you guys!

Group Hug! (and none of that "yuppie hug" crap!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 04:08 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stewart, Osi,
I want to tell you... I want... I...
 -

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 04:41 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Gian, we all know what you want - a print of "FOOTLOOSE"! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I don't have to add anything to this thread other than -

"What did I tell you about not worrying and 'being yourself'" [Wink]

See what I meant now? - Nuff said!

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 06:35 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith, your Dad was right.
And you were too. Thanks.
A friendly hug to you and Pam.
Ciao.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC