8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » wurker splicer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wurker splicer
Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2010 05:01 PM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are Agfa splicing tapes suitable for the wurker splicer? MIKE

|  IP: Logged

Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 10:45 PM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, but Wurkers are still available-- and the similar Hama, too-- which both supposedly work in the Agfa as well.

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2010 05:33 AM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure Jim,
I have a wurker and an Agfa splicer and they both quite happily use the Hama splices. I think the type of splice that covers 4 frames would work on the Worker. In terms of cost my experience is that the Hama splices can be obtained cheaper in the UK than the Wurker, though only the Wurker can leave the balance stripe uncovered
John

Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2010 09:20 PM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hamas can be used on the Wurker, but as to Agfas being interchangeable with the other two, not sure. The Agfa has that automatic spring-over so the paper backing has to be similar if not identical.

But you know, the original Agfa splices are so rare and sought-after that Wurkers or Hamas would be a better bet. I don't think the Agfas have been made in years...

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2010 02:52 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trust me Jim the agfa automatic splicer works very well with the Hama splices. I also have an Agfa non automatic splicer somewhere but the automatic works so nicely it's the only splicer I use. It may be sacreligous but I prefer the Agfa Automatic over the Wurker,
John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC