8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Be Prepared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Be Prepared
Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 01:51 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Despite my immence knowledge and vast film and book library, I must humbly admit,in all modesty, that I have a few gaps here and there [Confused] . I have a one reel cutdown, from Vistapacks, England, of a silent two reel comedy, titled BE PREPARED and sold as an Our Gang comedy,which it is not. It is a kid comedy,in which the kids are scouts. In the first part they play various pranks on their leader.In the second part they enter a "haunted house", with all the expected gags. The print is murky and unclear.The leader looks like Johnny Arthur and one of the kids looks like a very young Spec O' Donnell. Any help about its original title and, perhaps, series would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2010 03:48 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could this one be A SCOUTIN' WE WILL GO , A Reg'lar Kids comedy from about 1925 ? Richard Roberts ,in an article on kid comedy series in Classic Images 267, wrote :"...the only one available, A SCOUTIN' WE WILL GO, spends more time on the adventures of its blundering scoutmaster and his romance with the school librarian than it does with its all white nondescript scouts ...." Well, this one reel cutdown dispences with the romance and goes for the rest of the action. Am I correst ??

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC