8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Dollywood Cavalcade

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dollywood Cavalcade
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2010 08:50 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, let me just say what an outstanding claymation short this is. I do, however, have a question. Does anyone know anything about this short?

It appears to be made for the Phillips corporation; manufacturers of various appliances, lighting equipment, etc.

I just wonder what it was created for; perhaps a convention for Phillips?

If you do a search on the Internet Movie Data Base there is no mention of this title.

If you just "Google" it, the only thing that comes up are references to the Super 8 release from Derann.

This is a true rarity.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2010 10:15 AM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dollywood was a Joop Geesink company here in the Netherlands (1946-1971).
George Pal started the doll animation tradition for Philips from 1934 to 1939.
He flew to the US when the war started.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2010 03:49 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film is titled PHILLIPS CAVALCADE and is a Dollywood production, I believe from the sixties. Derann renamed it,on the boxes and in their catalogs, "Dollywood Cavalcade" perhaps to avoid confusion with the earlier George Pal film PHILLIPS CAVALCADE, from 1939,and is being listed as such ever since.
And it isn't claymation. It is puppet animation, using wooden models. Anyway, it is charming and as good as the old Pal originals from the thirties.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC