8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Braun Visacustic 2000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Braun Visacustic 2000
John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2010 04:49 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was projecting a film today and had to reverse project a section of film, when I then turned the switch to forward again the machine simply wouldn't work. The reverse still works so I ran the film back onto the feed reel.
I checked the projector and the fuse, belts and lamp are all fine. The forward and feed switch simply don't start the machine in forward mode.
Has anyone ever had this problem?

|  IP: Logged

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2010 11:39 PM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like the micro-switches inside the unit are not engaging. Can you get a look in there and see ? You may be able to 'listen' for the click sounds as well. If you can see or hear the switch engage then I am guessing some debris may be inhibiting electrical contact - since it still works in reverse.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC