8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sprocket holes aren't in the correct spacing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sprocket holes aren't in the correct spacing
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 26, 2010 11:02 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
they wouldn't play on either our GS1200 or our 610D. Usually one or the other will play just about anything. Most of the films sounded as if the sprocket holes weren't quite the correct spacing
I don't want to use the original thread (EBay Bad Experience) for my question because it can lead the original thread to be out of the topic. So I rather start a new one.

The above statement is made by John Cook and I never heard such issues.

Do you think a lab can make a wrong sprockets or the film has been warped so it cannot be played at John's projector?

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 27, 2010 07:10 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Films do shrink sometimes.

I have a pretty ancient Blackhawk that will only play on my Kodak Moviedeck, but any of my Eumigs or Elmos: forget it! It jumpes and chatters way beyond being unwatchable.

The Moviedeck has sprocketless drive, which means the only place the sprocket holes meet the machine is at the claw. The others are all with sprocket wheels above and below the gate.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2010 05:17 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually that is good to keep in mind about the sprocketless projectors. I have one that I was going to get rid of. I'll keep it just in case I get a fussy film [Smile]

Bill

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2010 06:15 PM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

It wasn't my intent to provide fodder for a new thread but glad you did. Chatter would be a good description of what I see when playing these films.

Regards, John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC