8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Trying to buy from TOP FILM, have fallen down and I can't get up.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trying to buy from TOP FILM, have fallen down and I can't get up.
Brian Paul Cook
Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2010 08:20 PM      Profile for Brian Paul Cook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in the process of trying to pay for a print being sold to me by TOP FILM in the Netherlands? and cannot make heads or tails out of what they want from me to complete the order. They are very nice, incredibly nice, and I feel like a dumbkopf. I am hearing that they can only be paid via a tax account on their end and not from any bank here. I am confused as to what they are wanting me to send them and how. the amount is clear but the form of payment, the address to "send" it to, or "wire" it to is somehow not getting through to me. Is there anyone out there who can give me some more clues or tell me how you dealt with this company in the past? Any help would be appreciated and I apologize for not getting this process straight in my head.
Thank you,
Brian Cook

--------------------
Brian Paul Cook

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 16, 2010 03:00 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure what payment method your seller requires, however, you may find this of interest.
http://www.europebanks.info/
For payments to Europe from USA go towards the bottom of the page. It may not answer your question, but I hope it will help.

--------------------
Maurice

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2010 07:08 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I've done-as he's not in Paypal [Frown] -is,Isent him Euros straight
in a letter-well concealed obviously,so that it looked like a small parcel etc, recorded. Why not ask if he accepts US$, once he took UK£ from me [Wink]

--------------------
Yannis

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 17, 2010 09:50 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think when I last bought from them by post, I sent some Euros - which is certainly easiest, so I'd do this unless it's a big order. The risk is extremely minimal, expecially if the envelope just looks like a normal letter.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2010 03:04 AM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, perhaps I can help you.
I live in the Netherlands, so I could easily make a payment to Topfilm.
I have PayPal, so you could pay me.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC