8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bell and Howell 254RS 8mm projector manual?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell and Howell 254RS 8mm projector manual?
Jerry Coker
Junior

- posted June 30, 2010 10:42 PM      Profile for Jerry Coker   Email Jerry Coker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello:

I recently purchased a Bell and Howell 254RS 8mm projector. This is my first 8mm projector. After a thorough cleaning I turned it on and it powered up fine and the lamp works. Unfortunately I don't have a 8mm take up reel yet to test my 8mm film in this projector. While I'm waiting for a take up reel to arrive I wanted to see if anyone had a manual for this projector? I think I see how the film should be threaded, but it would help if I had a diagram. I didn't see a manual for this projector in the manuals area of the 8mm Forum website. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 30, 2010 11:02 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry,

Welcome to the Forum! I can't locate the manual but here's a collage of photos that show your projector threaded up. Click on any of the pics to enlarge them.
So....what will you be watching?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2010 12:14 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jerry, the photos that Doug show are a good threading instruction and probably clearer than the manual. There are many similar looking models to yours, but some have the auto-thread option adapted to this design like mine. Make sure you find the instruction manual for your model.

David

Jerry Coker
Junior

- posted July 01, 2010 08:24 AM      Profile for Jerry Coker   Email Jerry Coker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the photo's. Much appreciated! I will be watching a home movie initially (hopefully a take up reel arrives today). I see a manual for this model on eBay ($18, seems pricey, but maybe not?). I recently also acquired a 16mm B&H (2592) which I was able to repair and have been purchasing/watching mostly baseball related films and cartoons, so far. I hope to get the B&H 254RS working so I can now purchase/watch 8mm film. And then I suspect I will eventually purchase a Super 8 projector [Smile] As an aside from my original post, what kind of films can I expect to find on 8mm and 8mm Super 8? Or more specifically maybe, what do you all watch? I see a lot more home movies on 8mm (compared to 16mm). As you can tell...I am new to both 16 and 8mm film [Smile] Thanks!

Jerry Coker
Junior

- posted July 03, 2010 04:31 PM      Profile for Jerry Coker   Email Jerry Coker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I finally received a take up reel for my B&H 254RS 8mm projector and showed my first 8mm film (a home movie). Everything seems to be working OK, but I am still in need of a manual for this projector. Anyone have a copy? If not, I see one ending on eBay tonight for $18. That seems high priced, yes? I wanted to thank Doug again for the pictures that showed me the proper way to feed film on this projector. Much appreciated!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 03, 2010 05:52 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry,

Glad to help!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC