8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How to dismantle Carena 7710 IM and (or) Nalcom FTL 1000 Pro ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to dismantle Carena 7710 IM and (or) Nalcom FTL 1000 Pro ?
Rudolf Tittelbach
Junior

- posted September 21, 2010 03:46 PM      Profile for Rudolf Tittelbach   Author's Homepage   Email Rudolf Tittelbach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the Carena 7710 camera on ebay few weeks ago, it looks very good but power zoom is not working. I would like to try to fix it myself but cannot find how to open the camera. Can anyone help me how to dismantle the camera body? It was manufactured by Shinsei Optical in Japan, same company that made Nalcom FTL 1000...

Thanks in advance

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 21, 2010 03:54 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cameras very often weren't designed to be easily serviced. When they were serviced the technicians usually had service manuals to reveal their secrets, which very often take the form of nasty little phillips head screws hiding behind adhesive coverings.

These are hard to peel off, and harder to get back on looking anything like they did before you started. If you leave them off the remaining adhesive will eventually produce a furry camera.

I'd say look for what screws you can see and remove easily, barring that zoom manually.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Rudolf Tittelbach
Junior

- posted September 27, 2010 06:45 PM      Profile for Rudolf Tittelbach   Author's Homepage   Email Rudolf Tittelbach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You for your answer, I've just got similar info from a man that serviced the camera few years ago. So I leave the zoom on manual mode for now, it's not really worth destroying my camera completely...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC