8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig P8 Automatic no light from bulb

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig P8 Automatic no light from bulb
Robert Atkin
Junior

- posted December 12, 2010 03:41 AM      Profile for Robert Atkin   Email Robert Atkin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Eumig P8 Automatic feeds the reels ok, but there is an occasional fault where the bulb doesn't light. The bulb is ok, so the fault is with the projector. Has anyone got a way to fix this fault?

|  IP: Logged

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2010 01:45 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert

I had a very similar problem with an old Eumig P8 Imperial recently. It was an early model, with the manual rewind feature.
First I suspected the lamp & tried a few new lamps but although it would light up initially, it kept failing when you least expected it to.

In the end, I took the machine apart to try & follow the wire that goes to the lamp socket. Found the end of the wire broken off & intermittantly making contact with the lamp socket terminal. The socket is deep inside the projector body and it took a lot of dismantling to get access to the lamp socket base.

The job of re assembling it all was too much, so I just stripped it for spare parts. Its easy to buy another P8 here & I now only buy the later ones like the Automatic or Novo. Being younger they are usually in better shape. The rubber motor mounts on the older versions sometimes sag & then the fan blades rub on the shroud so avoid the very early ones if you can. [Wink]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Robert Atkin
Junior

- posted December 13, 2010 02:29 PM      Profile for Robert Atkin   Email Robert Atkin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank

Thank you for that. I will have a look inside to see if I can see anything.

Robert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC