8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Look at this

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Look at this
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 13, 2011 02:59 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How unreal is this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Curse-of-the-Mummys-tomb-200-b-w-Super-8-8mm-film_W0QQitemZ160541325795QQcategoryZ35064QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26ot n%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7065237048612374085

So far its up to £51.00
Its 200ft b/w silent. Its it me, or are people completley off there trolly, never seems to work for me [Confused] [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2011 03:33 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=160543327079&si=oI2Rc2CIzuzo2TYynI9shlabPTc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I bid on it but it went too high. Just not worth it considering the quality of this release. One of Ken/MGM releases last 3 parter.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 13, 2011 10:21 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just not worth it considering the quality of this release.
Larry,

The Time Machine is sold by Ian who if I am not mistaken is also member of this forum, so I would trust his description where he says "Stunning colour no fade.". I assume it will be on LPP.

I once posted here the last 3 titles of Ken three parter. i.e. Viva Las Vegas on LPP and the color was just stunning!.

So I believe Ian's Time Machine will also be the same.

I was the one who found this EBay (perhaps only few minutes after Ian posted), and you know....it was with a buy it now option for GBP 45.

I didn't hit buy it now since it was to high for me but placed my first bid instead.

It is now sold for GBP 170 !!! hahhahaha... I wish I just buy it now and re-sell for money. [Wink]

Lucky Ian...!

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 13, 2011 11:09 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's striking with regard to THE TIME MACHINE that five bidders were willing to pay at least £90, so that shows how rare and sought after it is, but I expect that most owners of the full length version would accept £170 if they wanted to sell it.

As for the bw/silent CURSE OF THE MUMMY'S TOMB, it's beyond belief - you could get several new DVD copies for £51. I'm almost inclined to sell my colour copy, but I'd probably only get the usual £2-3 for it!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 14, 2011 02:50 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, thats what usually happens to me, [Confused]
To think i discarded many of these old b/w silents thinking no one would be interested. I do wonder if the people bidding for this old silent film actualy think its sound with subtitles and no nothing about what there buying,

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2011 02:54 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently sold one of these for £95, and it was like Ian's absolutely stunning on LPP Polyester stock, and it's extremely well edited too, it just shows you that some of Ken's late releases were on LPP and not just SP.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2011 01:07 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding Time Machine, I wasn't saying the color was bad or on faded stock. The material that Ken Films used or the way it was made is not the best. The feature from Red Fox is gorgeous. However, what attracts me to this version is that it is full academy, from what I remember. The Red Fox version is a center extraction of a 1:85 picture. The giveaway is the main title.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2011 07:38 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....look at this too:
...how rare is it really? £72& got more than 40 mins to go [Eek!] ...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STANDARD-8MM-FILM-SAIL-INTO-HISTORY-TITANIC-/160542361687?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item2561120857

--------------------
Yannis

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 16, 2011 08:33 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It’s funny with this film lark particularly if it’s something we truly desire, desire being the operative word. I can remember years ago almost getting on bended knee for a fellow film collector to sell me 30ft of trailer for some ridiculous amount. Needless to say he wouldn’t part with it as he also shared a great love and appreciation on its leading actor. He was kind enough though to loan the little film to me for the odd screening which was most kind.

As we run up to the Titanic sinking anniversary Criswell predicts you will see a plethora of commercial issued home movies and on mass memorabilia dong the rounds. It will not help matters when 3D Titanic hits the screens next year also raising awareness once again of a hugely successful movie.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2011 01:47 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These little Ken/Columbia 200ft's are very very collectable these days just for the boxes alone.

I actually got £15 on ebay last year for a b/w silent 50ft of The Mummy!!

I wonder what my colour silent 200ft of Revenge of Frankenstein would fetch these days?? as the colour versions were very rare and printed in ltd no's unlike the common b/w versions.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC