8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hanimex sound editor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hanimex sound editor
Paul Halpern
Junior

- posted February 25, 2011 03:27 PM      Profile for Paul Halpern   Email Paul Halpern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First post here, so be gentle ...

Anyone remember the Hanimex editor? I have the ES900 model which is probably ~30 years old. Just powered it on and it seems to work fine -- except the lamp is dead. So, I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement lamp. Have looked quite extensively on the web with no luck.

(Waiting for laughter to subside....)

Further to that, I also have an Elmo ST-600D projector which has the same issue -- motor runs fine and film threads with no glitches, but the lamp is dead.

So, if anyone knows of a place to find any of these items, I would greatly appreciate it.

Side note: There is a Hanimex on eBay, but they want $50 plus shipping for a unit which may or may not have a working lamp when received.

Thanks for your consideration; I'll continue lurking around this site to pick up some tips on 8mm and Super 8.

--------------------
Paul

|  IP: Logged

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2011 04:37 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,
welcome to the forum. Without knowing your specific editor, I'll take a leap and say it's odds-on that this type would fit http://www.charleseaglesandson.com/hama%203569%20lamp.htm as about 95% of editors use the same bulb.
They are fairly cheap so I wouldn't buy another editor to get the bulb.

One word of warning, in the UK car accessory shops sell a very similar lamp but don't be tempted to buy one as, although they will fit, the light they produce is so weak it's almost impossible to view an image (though they are cheap and might be an inexpensive way to check that a replacement lamp would be the answer)

John

Paul Halpern
Junior

- posted February 25, 2011 05:41 PM      Profile for Paul Halpern   Email Paul Halpern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, thanks so much for the welcome and the link. The lamp I need is, indeed, a 6V 10W lamp, but it is not a "pop and twist," as on the linked site. It has two prongs and the label says (I think) "WIKO" "BSA" (or "ESA") and "FHD." Shaped kinda like a transistor.

I appreciate your response.

--------------------
Paul

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 25, 2011 10:32 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Welcome to the 8mm Forum! FHD/ESA is the bulb code and can be ordered from Bulb Connection.

Your Elmo ST-600 uses an EFP bulb which is available here.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Paul Halpern
Junior

- posted February 28, 2011 09:16 AM      Profile for Paul Halpern   Email Paul Halpern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, thanks, Doug! I'll order my lamp today. I've never had such quick response when posting to a board before -- I do appreciate it.

I've had several film cameras in my life, all of which have been either broken or misplaced in various moves (unique, right? [Smile] ), but the enthusiasm of this board may get me back into film.

Thanks again!

--------------------
Paul

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC