8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bugs Bunny Cartoons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bugs Bunny Cartoons
Andrew Zagame
Junior

- posted March 27, 2011 01:22 AM      Profile for Andrew Zagame   Email Andrew Zagame   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if anyone know full list of Bugs Bunny cartoons from Techno film because I've been dying to know how many they have been release. The following name of Bugs Bunny cartoons I own:

Horse Hare
Bugs Bunny Ride Again
Fair Haried Hare
Knightly Night Bugs
People Are Bunny
Knight-mare Hare
Dr. Devil and Mr. Hare
14 Carrot Rabbit
Hare Lift
Dumb Patrol

Plus two unknow companies that I own too: Baseball Bugs and His Hare Raising Tales. Maybe you can let me know unknow or other companies made cartoon of Bugs Bunny as well!

|  IP: Logged

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 01:39 AM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i hope this helps united artists ? i dont know found it online

Andrew Zagame
Junior

- posted March 27, 2011 01:50 AM      Profile for Andrew Zagame   Email Andrew Zagame   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I know united artists make a few Bugs bunny cartoons but these I am not interesting these because I found these mostly black and white slient but I should mention earlier, only colour and sound that I am interesting. But thank for try help.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 02:01 AM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im soo new to this i dont know anything thats why i am unaware of alot of things

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 27, 2011 09:09 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann released quite a few great quality Bug's Bunny Cartoons, but Techo Films copies, depending on the film stock, have held up quite well.

Be cautious of that film stock however, as Techno apparantly used whatever was available at the time, sometimes low fade stock, (like agfa) others printed on the terrible fade eastman stock.

Perhaps Doug might give us a good list of the Techno film Warner Brother releases?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andrew Zagame
Junior

- posted March 29, 2011 03:06 AM      Profile for Andrew Zagame   Email Andrew Zagame   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If so, where I can ask Doug for list?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 29, 2011 09:18 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,

I'm sorry, however Techno Films is one of those distributors I've never seen a catalog from. Hopefully and helpfully, your fellow Forum members can contribute to a list of all available Bugs films. Baseball Bugs was released by UA-8 in standard 8mm sound.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 29, 2011 10:24 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will ask my friend Gian if he happens to have a catalog for Techno from way back when.

Andrew, I would definitely check with Derann Films. Many of thier warners releases are now out of print, but if you run into one, you will not be disappointed. Some of thier super 8 warners cartoons are right up there with GOOD 16Mm prints. "Gruesome Twosome", for instance, (A cherished favorite of mine) is a truly amazing print, as is another Bob Clampett classic, "Coal Black an De Sebben Dwarves" Those prints really amaze, but they will cost you.

Techno could rise to the challenge here and there, and the nice thing about Techno is that they released many a print from the 1949 all the way up through the end, passing even 1964 (the last year of releases by the original Warners studio) and on into the progressively worse releases of the late 60's.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 29, 2011 10:55 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann is very big into Yosemite Sam, but there's not a lot of Fudd going on.

Kind of a shame too with Sam taking Elmer's job away in later years. It seems Mr. Fudd became a little pathetic as an adversary and the audiences started to think less of Bugs as a...person...(?)

Well, I guess we shouldn't feel too bad for him. He retired okay: after all he was a millionaire, he had a mansion and a yacht.

I doubt Sam did that well.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC