8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ever Had A Reel At Large

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ever Had A Reel At Large
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 11, 2011 05:36 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the longest period of time you have had a reel one, two or three of a feature go missing and eventually found. My latest Holmes experience was seeking reel one of House on Haunted Hill. Seems last haloween when I prepared HOHH for a show, I spliced in previews, soundie, and cartoon, but in haste forgot to relabel the old leader that read "trailers reel 4". I was even searching the dog house and I don't even have a dog! [Big Grin] I found it after two months. I was inspecting "trailer reel 4" by looking at the side of the reel and notice the the film stocks showed many films longer than a two minutes preview. Eureka!

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 12, 2011 10:38 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, I was just thinking of that yesterday!

I've been in search of "2010" reel 3 for quite awhile, and while the feature is great watching reels 1,2 and 4, and still rather have the whole feature.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC