8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 4 Program & Update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CineSea 4 Program & Update
Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 23, 2011 10:54 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CineSea is just three weeks away!

I'm thrilled to announce that Tom Stathes will be giving a presentation on early film animation, Saturday October 15th at our latest gathering of film collectors in Wildwood, New Jersey.
Tom's knowledge of vintage animation is stunning and he'll be showing some rare films from his collection. Take a look at this video Fox recently did about Tom, and check out his websites:
Cartoons on Film
Bray Animation Project

I'll be doing a short presentation on the wonderful world of film digests.

We'll also have a screening of new releases and rarities, courtesy of Steve Osborne of The Reel Image.

There will be plenty of 8mm and 16mm for sale/trade at the tables. Actually, the cost of getting a dealer table (20.00) is so low that if you've got any films you'd like to part with it makes sense to get a table and bring them to the show.

The main attraction though (at least for me) of the CineSea gatherings is meeting fellow collectors and Forum members. Finally, a chance to chat about 8mm for two days straight! After the dinner break on Saturday we'll get to screen any print in the room.

I know John Black will be there in spirit, enjoying the camaraderie among the collectors and searching the dealer tables for cheesy horror films.

Saturday October 15th and Sunday October 16th, 2011

The Ocean Holiday Resort
6501 Ocean Avenue
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
609-729-2900 (mention "Film Show" to receive special rate of $65.00 per room)

Admission: $5.00, free to those who are staying at the Ocean Holiday.
Hours: Saturday 10 – 5 (with continuous screenings late into the night), Sunday 9 - 2.

Dealers:
6 foot dealer tables are available for $20. You can rent as many as you like. Compared to other shows, this is an incredibly low price.

Lou Franchetti will be there and he’ll have tables overflowing with 8mm and 16mm. To reserve a table you can email/PM me or
Lou.

Directions:
From North; Garden State Parkway to Exit 4, follow Rio Grande Ave to end. Right on Ocean Ave. Follow to Ocean Holiday on left 6501 Ocean Ave. From West and South;Rt 76 (east) or Rt 95 (north) to Walt Whitman Bridge. Follow Rt. 42 to Atlantic City Expressway. Take Exit 7 (Garden St Parkway South) Follow same as north.

[ September 23, 2011, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 23, 2011 11:10 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve coming too?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 23, 2011 11:21 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty,

Steve wanted to come, however he'll be far away on vacation that week. He kindly offered to send me reels of goodies.

Doug

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2011 12:23 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good Doug; I look forward to the presentations!

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2011 12:34 PM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey that's Great, I will be glad to see Tom and His Presentation,Also Dave Mylowe will have a table but he can only make it on Sunday

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 24, 2011 09:38 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't seen Dave since the Cherry Hill days with Blackie, bring cameras people - Doug, let me know what you'd like me to bring for any screening and/or purchase, Shorty - I'll be the one with the yellow Blackhawk slicker

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 07, 2011 10:10 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Cine 8-16 for mentioning CineSea 4!

-

Just a week away!

Doug

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2011 04:00 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Der Kameramann" and "Der Schauspieler"...wow.
German does have a way of making things sound more important. The Capitalization doesn't hurt either.... [Big Grin]

Anyway, looking forward to seeing both of you (and, I hope, many others) in a week's time.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2011 09:43 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
I really wish Cine 8-16 was available in English!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 12, 2011 08:44 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a couple of days away! I hope many of you can make it.

Doug

--------------------

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2011 10:35 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a great time, guys. Wish it weren't so far away!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 13, 2011 12:15 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just received the shipment from The Reel Image. Steve Osborne generously sent us a 1600' reel packed with new releases including shorts and trailers in both flat and scope. He also included a bonus scope/stereo reel whose contents will be revealed at the show.

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC