8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sound of Music (full version) vs 3 x 600'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sound of Music (full version) vs 3 x 600'
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 10, 2011 03:10 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys,

We know that Derann released 2 version of this famous movie.

While price must be different, if we put a side the price issue, which version do you think is more enjoyable?

Secondly, do you guys notice any color issue on either both version (I mean, warming or even fade problem)?

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2011 05:25 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know Brian Hendel has the 3X600 and wanted the last reel as he said there was too much missing and there was a last reel on UK Ebay. I don't know if he bought or not. Maybe he will chime in.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 10, 2011 05:55 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both were released well into the LPP stock era so any reports of fading would be surprising to say the least.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 10, 2011 08:54 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 3x600' cutdown is brilliantly edited.Every song is included and the story still comes across. I have both versions and my print of the full length film has a number of annoying negative marks that take away from the enjoyment of the film. The shorter film is a touch grainier but still looks good, with very nice color. Plus, there are times when you can't sit through the whole 174 minutes!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC