8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Fumeo 9119 help needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fumeo 9119 help needed
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted October 14, 2011 10:13 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently acquired a Fumeo 9119.
Everything laces up nicely but when projecting the sound is muffled.
I noticed that when i placed the tip of my finger on the piece that pushes the film in contact with the sound head the sound is very good indeed!
Can anyone tell me how to adjust this? Or what I need to do? The Fumeo looks to be very mechanical with not much in the way of solenoids, etc. so it should be a mechanical adjustment. I hope. Repair manual...advice?

|  IP: Logged

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2011 05:08 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a mechanical problem, namely head tilt and/or height and/or azimuth must be adjusted.

The first thing you can do is to check wether the seals areound the head's screws are in place. If so, you might try starting with loosening the screw passing through the head itself: you need to loosen it just a little bit so as to alow the head to rotate (anti-)clockwise almost imperceptibly. While running sound film, these tiny adjustmemnts may help you get better sound. If not, tighten it in the position the sound is better (albeit not perfectly)) heard, and try th esame with the other screws. It ain't easy in any way, mind you! Good luck.

--------------------
Maurizio

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC