8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Looney Tunes on super 8mm is 80m (262') in Germany, how come?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looney Tunes on super 8mm is 80m (262') in Germany, how come?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 21, 2011 11:21 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has been a couple of times I found that UFA (Germany) released Looney Tunes gangs on 80m (265 feet) length. Like picture below:

-

It was packed in very sturdy box (same size like their 400' brothers) compared to thin cardboard from Piccolo.

But I am wondering because as far as I knew majority of Loone Tunes is around 7 - 8 mintues. While the above film may not exactly 80m/265 feet, but just to say 60m/200 feet which is 10 minutes at 24 fps, it has been to much for these kind films.

But if one reel contains 2 titles, it would be too short.

So can somebody tell me how many titles are inside this reel? and how UFA managed to make 80m/265 feet for this, if it is only one title.

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 21, 2011 12:26 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember right, Bugs and Sylvester never appeared in a cartoon together back in the classic era (-after all, who needs Sylvester around when you have Daffy Duck?!), so I'd say this is the combination of a minimum of two titles.

It would keep Mel Blanc pretty busy, especially given the similarities of Daffy and Sylvester's voices.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 21, 2011 12:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think that Steve is correct about the two of them never appearing together is a classic era film. The only film that I believe they both appeared nin, (hilariously so) is the 1990's animated classic, "Carrotblanca" where Bug's is in the Humphrey Bogart role and Tweety is, of all things, Peter Lorre!

... and that cartoon, while a limited release, WAS released on Super 8. I know as I have a copy of it. A VERY nice print! I'm not sure, but I think CHC released it on super 8.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 21, 2011 12:54 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always loved the weird rules that whole Warner brothers "Universe" operated under.

Example: Sylvester did a couple of cartoons with Porky Pig. Wile E. Coyote did at least one (-a great one!) with Bugs.

Sylvester never talked on screen with Porky, only with Tweetie.
Wile E. only talked on screen with Bugs, never the Road Runner.

(Then again there is that classic thing of why Goofy talks and wears clothes and Pluto doesn't...)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC