8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » HELP! Has anyone bought this Derann title?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP! Has anyone bought this Derann title?
Kingsley Candler
Junior

- posted January 31, 2006 12:44 AM      Profile for Kingsley Candler   Email Kingsley Candler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone - I'm new here and I need advice.
I'm a 16mm guy, and Derann UK has a title available in Super 8 scope that is #1 on my want list. I just can't find a 16 anywhere for any price or trade, and I am now seriously considering a purchase of their print. Before doing so, I'd really appreciate word from anybody who has either bought one or has at least seen Derann's S8S scope print of THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS.
From all I've heard, if you guys can't help, no one can!
Thanks in advance for your attention.
Kingsley ("I'm not much good in the daytime") Candler

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 31, 2006 06:10 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kingsley, Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will be able to help you. Have you spoken to Derann direct about this title?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Kingsley Candler
Junior

- posted January 31, 2006 10:48 AM      Profile for Kingsley Candler   Email Kingsley Candler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Kev.
I did inquire directly, but I would prefer an unbiased third party's opinion regarding quality.
From past posts I have read so far, I should just buy the thing and have Derann send it to you to review here - you certainly cover all the points that matter!!!!
KC

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2006 07:35 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may be able to help you a little bit. I actually own two odd reels of this feature (the first and last) and the print is gorgeous. Rich colors and great contrast. I know Deran prints can vary quite drastically but if the feature you get looks like what I've seen you will be more than pleased. This is one of my all-time favorite films and have been looking for the missing reels... but I may just have to break down and buy the whole film soon!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted February 21, 2012 04:41 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Kingsley,I have the film "FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS"originally
a Kempsky release but done by Derann on 4x600 spools in
'Scope & colour, beautiful colour that does full justice to Dougllas
Slocombe's photography and belting sound.Sell the house,sell
the wife & kids, but you must have this film It is as good as a
16mm print it's that good,and with the addition of widescreen
even better.Also if you're interested "THE LITTLE SHOPPE OF
HORRORS" has just done a special issue on the film, and well worth having.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC