8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Favorite Super 8 Sound Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite Super 8 Sound Projector
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2012 02:09 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy All!

Looking into getting a new (at least new to me)Super 8 Sound Projector in two months or so. Would love some input from my 8mm Forum Friends.

I need an output to run sound to a seperate source (powered speaker/PA) Would like variable speed and just a good solid running projector. Possibly a pro refurb.

This is to become my main projector, so I'm guessing somewhere in the $300.00 price range.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All!

Tim

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 03, 2012 03:03 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would highly recommend the Eumig 938 stereo, or one of the Eumig series 900 machines which is model 930 and above. The 930 and above Eumigs are very kind to film and project a rock steady picture. They all have recording capability plus line out to an extrenal amplifier. And they have a really excellent vriable speed control so you can sync up to a DVD pretty easily. You can read my test report on the 938 on this forum.
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001710# 000000

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC