8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Splicing with press tape

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Splicing with press tape
Alex Reus
Junior

- posted March 03, 2012 03:13 PM      Profile for Alex Reus   Email Alex Reus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I just bought a KODAK Presstape movie splicer, in nice condition. I also found the instructions online, http://www.mondofoto.com/manuals/kodakpresstapesplicer/ ,

in picture 8, the directions show a punch that is included with the slicer. My splicer didn't come with one and I was thinking what would be a good subsitute to use. Maybe usuing an empty disposable pen. I would think a punch was used to push the taped film down, puncturing a sprocket hole in the tape.

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 03, 2012 03:20 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alex

You are absolutely correct. I have this splicer with the punch. And empty ball point pen would work fine.

PatD

Alex Reus
Junior

- posted March 03, 2012 03:26 PM      Profile for Alex Reus   Email Alex Reus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank for the quick reply and information. [Big Grin]

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2012 11:48 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Presstapes in 8mm & 16mm have the sprocket holes already punched out. The Punch included with the Splicer is to seal the tape around the pins on the Splicer.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC