8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Service options for projectors around Belfast, Northern Ireland?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Service options for projectors around Belfast, Northern Ireland?
Joost Muller
Junior

- posted April 09, 2012 03:38 AM      Profile for Joost Muller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Forum members,

I am a newbie and I hope you can help me.
Over the past couple of years I have convinced my father-in-law to have much of his 8mm collection to DVD.

The problems with projection of 8mm we experience may be related to the fact that the films have never been cleaned or treated and that the projectors have never been serviced (the Dualux 2000H has been owned for well over 30 years). This combination makes it very hard to determine what the causes of the problems are. The machines may be just fine after cleaning.

I think we need someone who can check/inspect and probably clean and service the following 5 machines:

Projector Status
Eumig Mark 60 ?
Sankyo Sound 700 Has reel in it. Should work.
Sankyo Sound 500 Eats films.
Sankyo Dualux 1000 Films sometimes get stuck. Jitter.
Sankyo Dualux 2000-H Films play fine and reliably. However: there is so much dirt in it that it diminishes the viewing experience.

Do you know anybody in the Belfast (Northern Ireland) area that can help?

Thanks,
Joost

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 09, 2012 03:54 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try these guys:
http://www.projectorservicesni.com/

Joost Muller
Junior

- posted April 09, 2012 04:47 AM      Profile for Joost Muller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Michael

Joost Muller
Junior

- posted June 07, 2012 09:36 AM      Profile for Joost Muller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were contacted by the family of mr Lennon that he passed away on 13-05-2012. Condolences to the family.

He did not have time to repair&clean our projectors yet. Does anybody know of other alternatives around Belfast/Northern Ireland?

Thanks,
Joost

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 12:41 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear this having dealt with him in the past. A gentleman.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 01:06 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Joost,there used to be a company in Southern Ireland by
the name of Cork Films that I used to deal with,I don't know
if they are still in business.There are some very good repairers
over in England,one by the name of Mr Bill Parsons who is a very
talented gentleman and I'm sure he services Dr Who's Tardis.
I would think that shipping costs would make it unrealistic,but
if you have no alternative.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 01:25 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh,

Cork Film Services were in St Patricks Street, and are no more. I'm from Cork myself and visited that place many times in my teens.
There is an unrelated company of the same name now in Washington Street but they have no dealings with cine.

Joost Muller
Junior

- posted June 07, 2012 05:02 PM      Profile for Joost Muller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your feedback guys.

We only met John once and he was really nice, kind and knowledgeable. He took stock of what we needed, gave a quote and promised to do the work.

Unfortunately he did not get around to actually fixing & cleaning our projectors.

If anybody has any tips we'd be grateful.

Thanks,
Joost

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 07, 2012 06:15 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
The original firm was in Patrick st., Michael,but they moved to
34 Washington st., and the last time I had dealings with them was
twelve years ago,at the time there had been a bad storm and
had done some serious damage to the property and they weren't
being allowed back in the building for safety reasons.I still have
their hire catalogue and the chap I used to buy films from was
called PatJ jaghen (or Geoghen) anyway I bought quite a lot of
16mm and S/8 from them. I don't know about the present company.The reason I mentioned them was because they had a
lot of equipment that was loaned out,and will have wanted
serviced by someone.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC