8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Adjusting L/meter on a Bauer 715. Help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adjusting L/meter on a Bauer 715. Help?
Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2012 11:33 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to shoot my next film on Ektachrome 100D using my Bauer 715 XLS. Unfortunately this camera only accepts 40 and 160 ASA (CC Filter off), therefore when using the new 100 D you have to manually override the automatic exposure about two thirds of a stop more open than indicated; this is a bit annoying so I'd like the camera to evaluate the correct aperture fully automatically. To do this I need to locate the precise trimming pot on the main board inside the camera. It's not a problem for me to open it, to set up a proper way to figure out the required compensation BUT I have to know which trimmer does what. Since there are several ones, in order to avoid messing something, I'd like someone to tell/show me which is the relevant trimmer. Thank you.

--------------------
Maurizio

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC