8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Take-up issue Eumig Mark 610D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Take-up issue Eumig Mark 610D
Zach Von Joo
Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2012 05:07 PM      Profile for Zach Von Joo   Email Zach Von Joo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The tension somehow went out on my projector's take-up spindle. Spins very slowly with film on the reel. I feel like there's a way to adjust this, but I can't quite remember how.

Any info appreciated.

EDIT:

Nevermind I figured it out. Tension adjusted by tightening thingamajig at rear of spindle inside the back of the machine.

I thought at first it was immobile but got it moving. Bleargh super-8.

Moderator please delete this unless it seems useful.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 13, 2012 05:35 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

The same very thing alsi now happens both to my Elmo ST-1200 and GS-1200. Is the adjusment mentioned above also available on bothnmy projectors. If yes, then where is it located?

--------------------
Winbert

Zach Von Joo
Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2012 02:47 AM      Profile for Zach Von Joo   Email Zach Von Joo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my Eumig:

There is a largish washer-type thing on the rear of the take-up spindle inside the projector. Turning it clockwise seemed to increase the take-up tension.

I've never owned an 8mm Elmo, so I don't know if they're similar at all. They might need new belts & lubrication.

Hope that helps!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 18, 2012 05:08 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
As I remember Zach,in my old mark s 709,I had the same problem I would think that Eumig kept the same design on all their machines,there is the screw you mentioned,behind is a spring and a piece of copper that looks
like a little horseshoe,that I think is the slip clutch.Putting a little
more bend in it does help,as with age it does flatten out,and that
should stop the problem of the take up being weak.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC