8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » any advice new projector works good but squeaks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: any advice new projector works good but squeaks
Gerry Groeber
Junior

- posted June 21, 2012 09:11 AM      Profile for Gerry Groeber   Email Gerry Groeber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just tested it and it works good auto feed and all switches but the motor squeaks any advice…………..

I just got my new Bell and Howell dual autoload projector model #471 A. in the mail. It came in its original packing box. Can’t wait to open it up and try it out.

Gerry

[ June 22, 2012, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Gerry Groeber ]

--------------------
Can’t wait to show some movies:)

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 21, 2012 09:28 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good!,

The word of warning is loading your films into a projector you don't know is like giving your car keys to a complete stranger:

-don't trust 'em til you know 'em!

The first place to start is getting inside and cleaning up. A lot of people who used 8mm machines back in the day ran them for years without cleaning them once. This makes for all sorts of dusty specks on the image and maybe scratches too. This is the biggest reason that Super-8 has the reputation it has, but it's really more the user's fault!

The first film you run should be something cruddy that's basically good for nothing more than being a crash test dummy. Run it, watch it, run it again and see if lines develop. (A scratch that develops after the lens shows up the second time you watch.) If so figure out why before you move on to the good stuff.

A really good thing to do is to splice a loop of film through the machine and run and watch it so you get multiple passes very quickly. If something is wrong it will become obvious very soon.

-Enjoy!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Gerry Groeber
Junior

- posted June 22, 2012 06:59 PM      Profile for Gerry Groeber   Email Gerry Groeber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just tested it and it works good auto feed and all switches but the motor squeaks any advice…………..

--------------------
Can’t wait to show some movies:)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC