8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Winners Are.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Winners Are.....
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2012 03:13 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've drawn my competition from my last list, and the answers and winners are:

Q1) Milla Jovovich played Leeloo
Q2) David Warner played Jack The Ripper in Time After Time
Q3) Joe Dante directed Inner Space
Q4) The Seven Samurai was the basis for The Magnificent Seven
Q5) I've accepted either 1968 or 1969 for the year The Love Bug was released as it had a limited Christmas release in the U.S.A. in 1968
Q6) Amanda Barrie was the Cleopatra in Carry On Cleo
Q7) Esther Williams was the actress who was Dangerous When Wet
Q8) Roddy MacDowell was the uncredited voice of V.I.N.CENT in The Black Hole
Q9) John Malcovich played Cyrus The Virus in Con Air
Q10) The 1952 serial where Commander Cody was the lead character was Radar Men From The Moon
Q11) Ray Harryhausen was the visual effects creator on Jason And The Argonauts
Q12) The musical based upon The Philadelphia Story was High Society

Well there you have all the answers, I'll list the winners below, but I'd just like to state that I only had 18 entries out of the possible hundreds that read and use the three 8mm forums, I'm very saddened by this, I stated when I listed the competition is was opened to ALL , yet I got a very poor response.

The Winners are:

Ist Prize of a £30 CREDIT NOTE goes to Mark Norton

The names of the winners of the Walton Hanna-Barbera cartoon are:

Rob Young
Joe Baltzki
Doug Meltzer
Simon McConway
Harrison Bradley
Alf Broxton

Congratulations to all the winners, and a big thank you to the other 11 entrants.

I'll email those winners I do not have your addresses (or if you see your name, contact me) so I can send you your prize.

|  IP: Logged

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2012 03:17 AM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What was this for?
Austin

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2012 03:51 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Austin,

This was my film quiz that was open to everyone, I even put a reminder on the site that the end date was coming up. If you want to have a look at it then go to The BFCC site and follow the link to the Independent 8 pages.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 03, 2012 07:55 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My answers are all correct, only not my luck yet... [Wink]

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 04, 2012 01:01 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course they are Winbert,but you are supposed to send them in.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2012 03:32 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to let all the winners of a runner up prize of a Walton cartoon, these will be posted out next week together with my new lists.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2012 03:43 AM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When do the new set of questions come out?
Austin

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2012 06:14 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Austin,

I'm afraid I had such a poor response to this quiz, I'll have to think about doing it again. I only had 18 entries (all correct, by the way) out of a potential hundreds from the 3 forums. I like doing these kind of promotions, but if collectors can't find 10 minutes to search the internet (if you don't know the answers, that is!) for the answers (they are all there!) why should I bother firstly setting the questions, and most importantly giving prizes, it all costs money, after all.

I've tried this many times, but everytime the response is very poor, and after all I'm doing it to promote my business and get more potential customers, which we all need to survive.

I may give it another go, but if I try another one I will need at least 50 entries, otherwise that will definately be the last one.

I'm getting my new lists together right now, so it'll be down to space if I can run anoer quiz this issue, but if I do go ahead I'll put it once again on all forums, then perhaps collectors who do enter can try and get others to join in the fun.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2012 10:59 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, thanks for keeping up the good work and let's please have another quiz! [Smile]

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2012 02:52 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Barry, I'm surprised there was not a bigger response.
The chance of winning a credit from your amazing list sent me looking for the answers right away!

Hope you do decide to try another one.

All the best
Terry

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2012 09:44 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I've just finished getting my new lists together and I did have room for another quiz, but this time the amount of prizes available will be down to you collectors. I have initialy put up a prize of a £20 CREDIT NOTE as 1st prize, if there are too be anymore prizes (and even an increase in the 1st prize) then it will be down to entries, the more entries I get, the more prizes I'll award. I'll list it together with my new stock items about Wednesday, but I thought I'd give you the heads up first, so if you like the idea of winning something for nothing, there are only 12 questions to answer. So look out for it later in the week.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 09, 2012 12:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FUN!!! ThanX 4 doing it yet again Barry ... and so soon! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC