8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help with ST-1200 24 fps roller

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with ST-1200 24 fps roller
Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2012 08:14 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, I have a with the 24 fps roller. Please help.

1. The 24 roller is always in contact with the shutter. So, the shutter spins in all four configurations of the main power knob. This doesn't happen with the 18 fps roller so I know the mechanism that slides the rollers up and down is fine.

2. Now, the reason could be that my 24 fps roller is not as firmly secured as the 18 fps roller, by this I mean: when belt isn't place, the 24 roller wobbles a bit but the 18 roller is firm.

Can someone please help? We just watched El Cid last night and are now officially addicted to scope features.

|  IP: Logged

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2012 07:52 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to get over the problem. Just opened the 24 fps roller, cleaned the grime, fixed it back on and it works fine now.

-

Vincent Zabbia
Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2012 01:56 PM      Profile for Vincent Zabbia   Author's Homepage   Email Vincent Zabbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Work

--------------------
Vincent Zabbia

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC