8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » DNE Bulb Size(?)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DNE Bulb Size(?)
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2012 02:28 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy All-

I blew a bulb on my Chinon and tried to change it, but my replacement bulb was too big. [Mad]

Same number (DNE) watts (150) & volts (120) It's just too big!

Can anyone recommend a good DNE smaller lamp? [Confused]

Thanks!

Tim

|  IP: Logged

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2012 03:43 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does your unit call for a DNE? what is to big?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2012 04:28 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Timothy, I'm waiting for your reply to Jim's reply....I've been using DNEs for 33 years in my CHINON 7500, and they all work, but sometimes the prongs are a tight fit.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2012 04:36 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The actual dome that surrounds the bulb. The bulb actually fits and works, but is larger than the previous and the projector cover will not fit over it! Go Figure!

And yes...It calls for a DNE

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2012 10:21 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What brand is it? Did it come in the original box?

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2012 09:12 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe if you go and check online at any of the bulb stores you can measure your bulb and compare most give specs. not surewhat else to tell you do you still have the old bulb measure them side by side and see.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2012 12:47 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The actual dome that surrounds the bulb. The bulb actually fits and works, but is larger than the previous and the projector cover will not fit over it! Go Figure!

And yes...It calls for a DNE

Timothy,

I had a couple of them, they have a plastic dome the prevents the cover from closing.

There is something similar with DMH lamps (a replacement for the DLH) GE makes an identical one to the original but Sylvania's are much larger and prevents the lamp cover from snapping shut even though the bases are identical and fit in the socket.

Jon

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2012 09:41 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jon, what projector are you talking about? I guess I've been lucky over the years not to get one of these big rimmed lamps. I've always used either Sylvania or GE DNEs, but I prefer the GE brand. I have tried cheap brands, but the light output is terrible even though they supposedly have the same wattage & voltage.I found the same thing is true with EFR lamps....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC