8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » da lite screen is a hanging screen can you mount it on a tripod?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: da lite screen is a hanging screen can you mount it on a tripod?
Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2012 10:37 AM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a screen off ebay, the way they photo'ed it it looked like it was on a tripod, but its not, I get it and its just the screen, can you mount it so that its the tripod style because I have nowhere to hang it. They offered my money back but then I have to re pack it and pay more postage. its a 70x70

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 21, 2012 10:45 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
It should'nt be to difficult to obtain perhaps two tripods to mount
your screen on Kenneth.There are various places where these
can be obtained.They can be got from suppliers of Disco gear,
any photographers outlets or even tool suppliers like Screwfix
or Tool Station.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 21, 2012 11:34 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Da-Lite wall mount and have brought it to remote film shows many times. I have kludged together many stands to hold it up, perhaps the best is a tent pole mounted in a Christmas tree stand with a hook mounted in the top for dangling the screen. The other end hangs from a heavy tripod borrowed from another screen.

(If I was going to do this more often I'd get the tripods which are often used to set up temporary displays. They aren't very expensive)

I really like the wall mount screen. All I needed to do to permanently mount it is put two heavy screw hooks into the ceiling of our bay window. When it's rolled up it sits behind the living room curtains and since the celiing is painted white it blends and is basically invisible. When it's pulled down the curtains frame it nicely too.

The only fly in the ointment is for some reason every old biddy in my wife's family (and they are legion!)insists we should put a couch in front of the window!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2012 12:06 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is precisely the screen we've enjoyed for most all of our film shows for years. In our family room it hangs from basket hooks screwed into the ceiling, extended with small chain to level it, and for our outdoor shows there are large hooks screwed into the overhang of our shed, also extended with a little chain on each side.

Hope you can find a solution.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC