8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Facebook Collecting Super 8mm Page (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Facebook Collecting Super 8mm Page
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2012 10:13 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy All!

First off I wanna say how much I LOVE this group and that I'm not trying to take anything away from the 8mm Forum...

But if you Facebook, I have a Collecting Super 8mm Page where folks show off their films, ask questions and even do a lil' buying & selling. Here's a link if you're interested

http://www.facebook.com/erwoodskeg#!/pages/Collecting-Super-8mm/136314259824751

If I've violated any rules of this forum, please, please delete this invite.

Tim

|  IP: Logged

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 01:21 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never understood the fascination/popularity of Facebook. [Roll Eyes]
And with its privacy and security issues I am even less enthused about it.
To each his own...

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 24, 2012 04:27 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Facebook can be dangerous !!!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/9559868/Facebook-party-leads-to-riots-in-Dutch-town.html

--------------------
Maurice

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 06:27 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 24, 2012 07:18 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I take on board Tim's enthusiasm, but I personally can't see the
point, when there are forums already, including this one, that caters quite adequately to the members needs etc.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 07:26 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't do Facebook personally but I can see this as a good thing...maybe people would be drawn to an 8mm page on Facebook and then be interested in checking out the forum.

Bill [Smile]

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 08:12 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Facebook is the largest social network on the planet. I started the page a few months ago and I already have 75 likes and have made quite a lot of new friends. It's also helped me generate sales through ebay and get the word out to who knows how 8mm many collectors that are also on FB.

I think with the ease of posting pictures, videos and even 8mm film clips (See FB Page if you feel adventurous) and already a FB subscriber it just makes sense to me. Once again- This is NOT to compete with THIS Forum It's just my little page on Facebook and that's really about it.

To me it's just another tool to branch out to fans world-wide as there are people on the page from all over the world.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, this is only an invite, really not much more. Either way- Love to have you check it out. If not- No worries.

Your Ol' Pal-

Tim

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 08:23 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a big Facebook user but do have an account.
I enjoy your page Timothy and have of course, liked it.
I'm very jealous of your Godzilla scores!

Cheers
Terry

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 08:49 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Terry!

I have a few doubles if you're ever looking for anything in particular! The Godzilla's are my favs as well! [Big Grin]

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted September 24, 2012 09:06 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tim

I am an avid FB user. I'm into your page. Thanks for the invite.

PatD

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 24, 2012 10:17 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where's the first party going to be I wonder? [Smile]

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 11:06 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great idea!

What a blast it would be to have an 8mm Forum party & viewing!

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 12:54 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey Timothy
Monsters are a HUGE part of the reason I collect super 8.

Looking for FRANKENSTEIN Zweikamp der Giganten part 2. I have part 1.

The only Marketing Godzilla I have is KINK KONG Damon aus dem Weltall (aka Godzilla vs Megalon) An all time fave. Unfortunatly my copy is missing the opening titles but I'm happy to have it anyway. Luckily I do understand German. BTW it is Jet Jaguar they call King Kong!!!

So always interested in any and all Marketing monsters!!

Cheers
Terry

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 01:48 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me as well Terry!

I have the Piccolo Pop Frankenstein Zweikampf der Giganten 200ft Color/Sound. It's a pretty good digest. Opening scene w/octopus,airport scene,downtown fight & final water battle! No Kipp Hamilton though! [Razz]

I love it!

Is the two reeler German War Of The Gargantuas or Frankenstein Conquers the World? I've been a little confued on that. [Confused]

I have a great 2x400 Super 8 print of G VS. Mecha G (Just got it!)

And of course all the Ken G Films! I just scored a lot with the 200ft Sound Deadly Mantis. I don't think it was ever viewed!

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 02:31 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For what its worth, I did check out your FB page. I can see it being used as a tool for promoting eBay auctions. But overall, it left me unimpressed. But its working for you and thats good! [Smile]

To me, FB is like those that are always chained to their smartphones or are talking on their cell constantly. The problems with it are numerous partly because of the way its used. For many its a service that is beneficial. But I dislike invasive technology. One has to tweak FB to avoid security issues and use common sense with their current postings. More trouble than its worth and now Manufacturers have jumped on the Bandwagon.

I am glad it is helping to stimulate interest in the Hobby. But as for FB itself, meh!

No Flaming me please, as this is just my humble opinion. (And we all know how little its worth!) [Smile]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 02:40 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry-

I think it was the Picollo two reeler I'm thinking of. Each box depicts a WOTG scene but I believe the film is actually Frankenstein Conquers The World.

I just checked and it is indeed the "Revue" WOTG on the way from Germany! So that should go well with my Picollo WOTG 200ft Digest! Let you konw more about it when it gets here! [Big Grin]

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 02:48 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a suggestion, Timothy. Since you advertised here, how about a prominent link to this forum on your FB Collecting Page? We could use your page to boost this forum too; unless of course it breaks some rules somewhere.

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 02:53 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely! I think that's a great idea!

Collecting Super 8mm FB Page Link...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Collecting-Super-8mm/136314259824751

I don't know if it violates any rules, but if so...Doug, please delete this message with my apologies.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 06:21 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy
I have the 200' Revue Film B/W sound War Of The Gargantuas. A full reel but only has the city/ water battle footage so no airport and no octopus battle.

I have the Piccolo War Of The Gargantuas (part 1 only) 400'

Was Frankenstein Conquers World released outside of the Ken version?

Hmmm should search the forum to see if someone has made sense of all the German releases and their crazy titles.

Cheers
Terry

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 07:29 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.... thanks!

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 09:16 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the Godzilla titles, I too love the big G!

I have a 400' "Son Of Godzilla" and a 400' "Yongary" that have both been re-recorded in English in the original boxes. I would love to have some of the other titles.

Bill [Smile]

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2012 09:37 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Big "G" is absolutely the reason why I collect 8mm!

Woo-Hoo! [Big Grin]

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2012 05:42 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy-

Thanks for the Collecting Super 8 FB page!!

I've been enjoying it for a while now. I'll try to post some pictures in the future too.

James.

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2012 10:58 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks James!

It's a lot of fun! [Big Grin]

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2012 02:13 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! [Big Grin]

Lots of Forum members have liked the Collecting Super 8mm Page!

I'll continue to post links on the FB Page to the forum as well to bring more folks this direction as well!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC