8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Can we spool Sound of Music onto 2 x 1600' Supa Spool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can we spool Sound of Music onto 2 x 1600' Supa Spool
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 08, 2012 08:24 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knew it is originally released as 6 x 600' so perhaps it has 3600' in total. But you know sometimes one reel can be less than 600' and also a 1600' can take more if we spool unto the rim.

So anybody has re-spooled the Sound of Music onto 2 reels (most likely 2 Supa Spool)?

My film is now has to be spooled in 3 reels (600' + 2 Supa Spool 1600'), but I 'd like to decrease the number of reel changing. However I want to know if someone has done it before so I am going to do it.

Help me please.

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2012 10:54 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The IMDB runtime is 174 minutes, so I'm going to suggest that no, this isn't possible. Those Supaspools can hold about 75 minutes worth of polyester before spilling over, so I'd say you've got 2 reels before intermission and the final act can be one.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted October 09, 2012 09:58 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Winbert,I think your best option would be to spool onto
3x1200's, and not take the risk of damaging your film for the
sake of an extra reel change.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC