8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Universal 8 Features (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Universal 8 Features
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2012 06:09 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'THE CONQUERER 6X400 £99.99. John Wayne, Susan Hayward star in this 1956 classic action adventure. Rare Universal feature.' THE CONQUERER 6X400 They do sometimes become available.

Not exactly a feature, this is also for sale 'PIRATE TREASURE (B/W) 12X400 £99.99. Universal 1934 classic serial in 12 chapters with Richard Talmadge. Original boxes.' I bought this years ago from CHC. Quality was fairly good. Wonder if they released any more?

Another title that was for rental from Rank was Hitchcock's Family Plot.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 12, 2012 07:11 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

I also have Pirate's Treasure and I was pleasantly surprised at how good the print is. It is a lot of fun, and Universal made a big deal of it since it was rolled out right at the launch of the U-8 brand. They never went back in the vaults to put out anything in the same vein.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2012 11:55 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite enjoy watching Pirate's Treasure they seem to really enjoy fighting. Talmadge was a stunt coordinator on a lot of films. The fights do seem to be more real in the serials than features, if you can break it, hit em with it, then do it.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 18, 2012 01:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It should be noted, that Universal Films also released super 8 optical prints, one of which I have, "Tender Mercies".

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2012 02:57 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also once has a full length print of Clint Eastwood's The Eiger Sanction with magnetic sound and this was a Universal release too,8mm rental only prints were also struck for American Graffitti,Charley Varrick,The Sting,Black Windmill,Day of the Jackal,The Front Page,Sugarland Express,Family Plot,Rooster Cogburn,The Seven Per Cent Solution & The Great Waldo Pepper via The Rank Film Library here in the UK.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC