8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS1200 Owners Thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS1200 Owners Thread
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 12, 2012 12:55 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The GS1200 seems to get more technical Q&A than any other projector, mainly due to its sophistication and complexity. A lot of the forum members own GS's and are constantly maintaining or modifying them to keep them in new working order. So I am wondering if it would help if all the GS1200 technical stuff was posted on one thread.
So to start things off here is the maintainance I had to perform this week on my version 2 GS:
I was running a stereo print a couple of nights ago and I thought the sound was definately not up to snuff on the balance track 2. It sounded muffled and the volume seemed lower than usual. I decided to inspect the sound head, so I removed the pinch roller arm and set about unscrewing the 4-pressure pad block. That's when I noticed that the block was loose on the sliding plate- the 2 little attachment screws had backed out. That of course, explained everything, so I tightned up the screws (after a general cleaning of the pressure pads and sound head) and all was well with the stereo back to its superb quality.
Toaday, I was running another print when all of a sudden the projector came to a complete stop! The lamp was still on, but fortunately I was seated right alongside the projector and I instantly switched off the lamp before it had time to blister the frame. Removing the back cover I could see that the main drive belt had broken - the first time I have ever had this happen on a GS. Fortunately I had a spare belt and the projector is back in business.
Never a dull moment with the GS!

-

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC