8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » gentle and resistant projector? need indications.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gentle and resistant projector? need indications.
Gustavo Torres
Junior

- posted October 13, 2012 08:10 PM      Profile for Gustavo Torres   Author's Homepage   Email Gustavo Torres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, this is my first time posting here, and as to expect, I have a whole lot of questions!
I'm currently working on an installation project, in which I use 2 super8 projectors lopping a film strip.
It's a short strip, from one reel to the other only.

I'm using 2 COPAL CP 77, but they come up short for the task. They heat up too much, and sometimes "chew" the film.

I need indications for projectors that are more gentle with the film, and at the same time can handle long periods working. I don't use any sounds, so that's not an issue (in fact, Iove the noises the very equipment produces) and I'm guessing silent ones are cheaper.

We don't have many options available here in Brazil. I've found a few sound ones, like: EUMIG: 807, 810, 820, 932 and a ELMO ST 1200. I've been reading some good reviews on these models here in the forum, so I believe they would fit my needs, am I right?
I was recommended BRAUN in general, by didn't manage to find much info on them in any thread. Same goes for a cheaper FUMEO model, 9914. What do you guys think about these?

But I still prefer silent ones…..any recommendations?

you can see some photos of the installation in this link: http://gustavoxtorres.tumblr.com/#28652498303

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC