8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm Tapes @ 8mm Forum?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm Tapes @ 8mm Forum?
Joe Griffith
Junior

- posted October 16, 2012 07:49 AM      Profile for Joe Griffith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good day to you all. This is my first post here at 8mm Forum and I am looking forward to being part of the community. It's refreshing to see forums with professional and informed users who are serious about the hobby.

I'm a 8mm cassette collector and was wondering if anyone else here had an interest in them. I see a lot of reel threads in the Sell/Trade sections so I was just curious if y'all would be open to me peddling my 8mm tape-based movies here (or if there'd be any interest). [Smile]

Have a great day!

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted October 16, 2012 09:18 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum Joe, and look forward to your views etc.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2012 09:59 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Joe, Welcome...I'm not sure if you realize it or not, but this is a FILM forum, not videotape. The ads you see in the 'for sale' section are all for actual motion picture film, not videotape. Anything NOT related to film is in the 'general yak' section [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 16, 2012 10:00 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

Welcome to the 8mm Forum. Since this a film forum, there is no section to sell video. As Joe Taffis said, we've allowed the occasional non-film sale posting in the General Yak section, however those were posted by active members who also either shoot on film or collect film prints.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Griffith
Junior

- posted October 16, 2012 02:12 PM      Profile for Joe Griffith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right on, guys. Totally understandable. I have a large collection of motion pictures on 8mm tape and it's been extremely hard to find a community where I could mingle (this one seems great though, even though the focus is mainly on film reels).

Does anyone know of a place, perhaps another forum on the web, where I could mix it up with 8mm tape buffs, or even sell/trade? I don't have any intention of leaving here (I've already learned so much from the forums here, even if I am not a film collector) but I'd really appreciate a hand in finding my niche forum, if it exists.

Thanks so much in advance!

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2012 12:39 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Joe, and as a long-time user of 8mm tapes (but own no movies in that format), I've never heard of any communities for 8mm video. I suppose somebody might be sentimental about it, but I've never run across that, since it is questionable in archival value, and was always a niche to begin with. But there are all kinds of niche communities, so chances are if you keep searching, you'll find one.

Meanwhile, stick around here and we'll try to convince you to like film more! [Embarrassed] )

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC