8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "Sound of Music" & "Star Wars" unofficial print

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Sound of Music" & "Star Wars" unofficial print
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 10:39 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While these two titles are the most poplar movies in the century but in my time of collecting, I never seen unofficial prints for these two, while other titles are plenty.

According to the supply and demand theory, this should not be the case. Do you have any idea, or there prints actually exist which I have missed?

[ November 13, 2012, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 11:55 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Italy both Star Wars and Empire Strikes back were released as bootleg in super8. They were full features with cropping of the scope ration. Basically they're have now faded to red, but I remember that they were titles hired very frequently

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 02:06 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabrizo, thanks for the info. Although I also monitor Ebay.it, I never seen this Star Wars listed. But since you said it, I have to believe it.

So what about with "The Sound of Music"?

--------------------
Winbert

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 04:18 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are Cineavision like versions of Star Wars & Empire. And before Derann released Return of the Jedi there was another.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 08:42 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry, I think "Cineavision" is official releases.

Anyway, let us now put "The Sound of Music" (Full feature) alone, anyone see unofficial print? Or even I never knew any other official print other than the one from Derann. Or am I wrong?

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC