8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig Mark-S 710D question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig Mark-S 710D question
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 10:42 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this not use belts? I am so sure I saw somewhere when browsing that it didn't

Can anyone confirm?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 10:47 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, the Eumig 700's and 800's do not use a drive belt. The Eumig 900's do have a rubber toothed drive belt, as the 900 series are a totally different design from the earlier Eumigs.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 10:50 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you ... Anything to watch out for then? Of course new lamps sometimes, but is there any parts one need to replace or take care of in any special way? I need to learn how to lubricate, clean and such. Where do you find such info?

Thanks again

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 11:04 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inside the back of the projector are two rubber drive discs which engage with a steel ball on the motor shaft. When you turn the control knob to the forward position, the motor drive ball is spring loaded against the front disc, and whe you turn the control knob to the reverse position the motor drive ball is spring loaded against the rear disc. These rubber discs should be occasionally wiped with alcohol to keep them from slipping against the motor drive ball, which will slow down the projection speed.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 02:09 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super, thank you. No need to replace those then? Just clean? I guess it's the same as my old Canon printer, it stops loading paper, because the rubber is covered with paper dust ... Cleaning that fixes it.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC