8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Starting to feel my problem is solved

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Starting to feel my problem is solved
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 21, 2012 01:29 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Eumig Mark-S 710D which ate movies, is now looking like a nice projector ... Have now run some 20+ reels through and all gone well.One thing is the sound though, sounds a bit noisy (even when no film in) ... There's a type of hum, might be due to grounding ... I'll try another place later where I know it's gounded properly

Appreciate all the tips you came with, was so scared to try the sandpaper, but that really worked :-)

Thanks again all

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 21, 2012 01:42 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar,glad your projector is okay.Don't be too concerned with
the "hum",as this is common among the Eumig projectors,they
always seem to have a background hum when the sound control
is turned to high volume.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 21, 2012 01:46 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's nice when they start to work, isn't it?

Eumig's biggest weakness is hum. Sometimes I think its because they put the power transformer so close to the sound head, others because the grounding is not exactly the best in the world.

There are tweaks though:

Go to "search" and look for "hum buck coil" and see how long we have been debating this!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 21, 2012 04:54 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Steve says, hum is inherent in the Eumig 800's, and can be minimized by tweaking the position of the little hum bucking coil located right below the sound head. Even minor movement of the coil can make a big difference in hum level, but you will never be able to eliminate it all.
The Eumig 900's do not have a hum problem. Eumig moved the transformer further away from the sound head and provided better magnetic shielding.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC