8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Need lens or something?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need lens or something?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 23, 2012 12:14 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought Cineavision Jaws 2 ... Do I need to get an anamorphic lens for that?

|  IP: Logged

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2012 12:25 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you will need one everyone will look anorexic and tall otherwise. Most will be OK I use a KOWA 8Z. You will need a bracket to hold your lens in front of the projector too.

What is the colour like on your copy? Not sure, but I think they were printed in Europe. On what stock I don't know. I think I have this in my collection and it was quite a good version. I always thought the ending was better than Jaws.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 23, 2012 12:42 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The color was stated as some 60/100, I only saw the opening credits, so I am not sure, looked okay there.

So this is not something you replace the lens already there? You put it in front of the lens? If I understood correctly, where would one buy the brackets and anamorphic add on?

Thank you

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2012 01:59 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could try Classic Home Cinema, Paul Foster films, Independent 8, plus Ebay I suppose. You can use 16mm scope lens too, and maybe cheaper.

The bracket for my GS1200 fastens to the front Kowa + mount

Forget where I bought mine from, but it was a long time ago. It could have been Widescreen Centre London, (still around) or Spondon (now gone).

Most types were a metal plate you under the front feet of the projector on which was metal rod that was just to one side of the lens on this was the mount for your scope lens. These were more common I would think as they were OK for most projectors 8 & 16mm.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC