8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Horror and Sci-fi cover-art

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horror and Sci-fi cover-art
Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2012 04:09 PM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, I just received the latest volume of 8mm collector's cards from my printer, and they did a splendid job as usual.

For those of you who didn't know I've been releasing 25-card volumes of restored, actual size images from the covers of Sci-fi and Horror 200ft. box covers, packaging them in new illustrated reel boxes, and releasing them under the title THE MONSTER BOX. It's been six years since I had volume 2 printed, now finally I have volume 3 ready for shipment.

For those who have volume 1 & 2, I made sure volume 3 had the remaining Castle Films horror titles not in the previous boxes. I'm charging $19.95 for a box of 25 cards, and if you order more one edition of MONSTER BOX (any volume), postage is Free.

Anyway, go to my site and have a look if you're interested in more details or to place an order. http://www.monsterboxcards.com/Main.htm

-

[ October 25, 2012, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Timothy Ramzyk ]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2012 04:50 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Timothy!

I just want to say what a beautiful job you have done on these sets of cards! I have been wanting to get them for some time and finally did. These are a great part of my collection...thanks for putting so much hard work into it. It makes me want to get the titles I don't have!

Bill [Smile]

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2012 08:36 PM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill,

People have begun to get their copies of volume three, and I've been heartened to already be getting some good feedback from buyers.

I think I've mailed out around 75 since Halloween.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 06, 2012 09:01 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, my curiosity. Since all boxes artwork look fresh and brandnew, did you make restoration (digitally and manually) before putting them in the book or you are specifically buying only brandnew films from market?

--------------------
Winbert

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2012 03:12 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, they were far from new, some were in terrible shape. I bought originals off of Ebay, removed stickers and and stains, did high-rez scans, then spent a significant amount of time restoring them to a "like new" appearance digitally in photoshop.

-

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 07, 2012 05:10 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim

Excellent work. I know how meticulous this is because I have restored a few things with Photoshop. It takes a lot of time and patience. It can be very nerve racking at times but the end result is definately worth it. I have done a lot of my box art the same way.

PatD

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2012 11:29 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It can be kind of fun too though. I'm visual arts guy, and video games of any kind never appealed to me, but restoration is kind of like a game. It takes some time, but the goal is clear, and if you pull it off you have something to show for your efforts which can be rather satisfying.

[ November 07, 2012, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Timothy Ramzyk ]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 24, 2012 09:58 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy,

Monster Box 3 arrived last week. Thanks for doing such a terrific job.
All I can say is "Nothing like this in all the history of horror!"

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2013 12:13 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all,

Just wanted to let folks know that I've turned a profit on the Monster Box card sets (whew!), and have lowered the retail price to $16.95 for volumes one or two, and $14.95 for volume 3.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2013 05:31 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats great Tim! I'm glad all your hard work payed off, even though I'm sure you enjoy doing it, so that makes it all the better [Smile] .

James.

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2013 12:50 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you kindly. It was mostly my hope that the project would pay for itself, and it was fun to do. I knew it was a pretty obscure notion, and to print any more than 500 of each volume would be folly.

Someone really ought to do a general book on home film-collecting. Between the box art, ads, toy projectors and whatnot, I think it could look pretty fun. I guess that's more or less what these sites are for these days.

David M. Ballew
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2013 01:48 PM      Profile for David M. Ballew   Email David M. Ballew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy, I salute your entrepreneurial endeavors.

I am a huge fan of these box sets. I have all three.

I heartily recommend them to all my local monster fans, even those who have little idea what 8mm film collecting is all about.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to make these a reality.

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2015 05:54 PM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all, I'm going to offer a special "Spring Sale" for complete sets of all three volumes of of 8mm collector's cards to 8mm Forum folks and friends.

You get all three volumes 1-3 (75 cards) for $42 US postpaid. That works out to $14 per volume and free postage within the US.

Also, I'll offer volumes 2 & 3 sold separately for $15 each (US) postpaid.

I'll accept pay-pal at pulpnovelties@aol.com, or just send a check payable to Timothy Ramzyk.

Sorry, but I can't offer the free postage for overseas orders.

Visit my site for more info on the cards themselves http://www.monsterboxcards.com/Main.htm

My Address is,
Pulp Novelties
C/O Timothy Ramzyk
2038 N 58th St.
Milwaukee, WI 53208

You can email me at pulpnovelties@aol.com with questions, or simply ask me here.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 04, 2015 06:47 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll send for the 3 sets - Glad to always help - Shorty - Any chance of a 4th?

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2015 08:50 PM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid it's "not in the cards" [Razz] Sorry about that.

I have enough images, just not enough customer base I'm afraid. I'm nearing being out of volume 1, but still have over half my stock on 3. I knew this was more or less a labor of love going in, so I'm not complaining, I just can't afford to invest the hours and printing costs on a 4th.

My original goal was only 3 anyway, and to get all the key Castle and Ken covers restored and reprinted printed for we enthusiasts.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 05, 2015 06:40 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I sent for the 3 volumes, you should receive that soon - You accomplished an excellent job - Now, how about a set of cards with Aurora model kit covers...oh boy, Shorty

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2015 10:12 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody has done that yet? I'm surprised. It would be a hoot.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC