8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » BFCC - more pictures

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BFCC - more pictures
John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2012 10:47 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are now quite a lot of pictures from the 61st BFCC on www.bfcc.biz/past.html - quite a nice memento of a rather special event.

Keith is going ahead with a BFCC next October which I expect will be our final convention so let's hope we go out with a flourish. Could be your last chance to see Super 8 projected on such a grand scale.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted December 07, 2012 01:51 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice pictures John and it looks like it went very well,nice to
see our Ian in the throng.Well done.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 07, 2012 02:21 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures John. The last BFCC will truly be the end of an era. [Frown]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 07, 2012 02:30 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent pictures.
I'm looking forward to next year.
Surely, we can't let the BFCC die away, lads and lassies. There's gotta be a way to keep it going in some form.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 07, 2012 02:36 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. What if we set up an account and pay a small monthly fee, as much as we can afford and donate it to the people doing this?

Not sure if it's enough, but might help?

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 07, 2012 02:48 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent photos John and hope that somehow it can keep going.

Graham.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2012 03:14 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clearly the 61st BFCC was very succesful but that usually happens with a new venue. The second event at the same venue normally sees a downturn (with the exception of the Top Hat Club which had about 600 people to the second convention there) so we can expect a less well attended event in 2013. As it now just covers its costs and we are unlikely to see that change there is sadly now not enough demand for a film collecting event on the scale of the BFCC. That doesn't mean to say something less ambitious can take its place but the reason I personally go to all the effort and expense I do to help Keith put on the greatest film collecting convention in the world is because we showcase Super 8 in the best possible way.

I think we have contributed to keeping the hobby going as long and as well as it has for some while now so if the BFCC is to cease I'd like it to go out in style and not just drift away over a period of years with negative comments and people telling me "it's too far to travel to a film show"!

But thank you to everyone who has supported us so well and for so long. Yes, it's been difficult keeping things going with eBay meaning there is less to sell at the conventions and therefore less to attract people to come along. We have tried to maintain the ambitious film shows but even this has been difficult due to having to change venues thanks to greed at the Ealing Town Hall but now we have a second one at St. Benedicts perhaps we'll be back to those outstanding 'Stereo Scope Spectaculars' of years gone by. 24ft wide with HTI projection and sync' pulse sound - now who else has ever attempted anything like it?

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 08, 2012 02:56 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

Watever you and Keith do I wish you both well, you have had an amazing run all those years and you are probably right if the numbers attending are just not enough to make it worth keeping it going.

Although I never could attend one myself [Frown] both youself and Keith have contributed a lot to the hobby. I always enjoyed reading the film reviews in the FFTC magazine from 1993-Final and as such were responsible for me spending so much money on films [Big Grin]

It may be coming to an end of an era, but yourself and Keith, with his wonderfull VHS/DVDs, Derek Simmonds and Gary at Derann all did so much with enthusiasm to keep Super8 alive for many years, well after so many other business had given it up in the wake of video.

Regards Graham.

[ December 08, 2012, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Graham Ritchie ]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 08, 2012 05:30 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will always remember the BFCC that I attended where John ran several reels of super 8 through his GS1200 HTI with syc-pulse THX stereo sound. It was amazing seeing super 8 projected on that huge screen, accompanied by pristine surround sound. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2012 05:56 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics, so wish I could have been there. [Frown]

What an amazing job you chaps do in continuing this convention!

Graham is right; even if it all comes to an end, what an achievement in running it for all these years. So many good times and happy memories!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 09, 2012 11:40 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Delighted to hear about 2013 but I'd be very sorry if it proved to be the last. I know that explicitly saying that an event WILL be the last unless the attendance goes up did cause Tadley to have the best crowd for years, if John and Keith were willing to reconsider (and perhaps request more assistance if spreading the load would help), there's nothing quite like the imminent prospect of losing something that can help boost support. Of course that's easy to say if you're not the organiser and I do salute the years of dedicated effort that have made the event a must for all UK film collectors.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC